Form fill often does not work

Options

Hi,

I need some help using form fills. More often than not, they don't work.
I'm presuming this may be due to language settings (my main language is Dutch) although while the labels are in Dutch, the website element values are mostly in English.

I ran into this example today: "IK DOE MEE"

I have a form fill defined, which includes the field to be filled but it's just not working.
When inspecting the form elements, I noticed that the element's value was "firstname" and the form fill from 1password has it listed as "first name". I added a field with the element's value under the section "INTERNET DETAILS" but that doesn't work either.

I understand this may be insufficient information to troubleshoot this question and I would be happy to provide additional information on demand. I'm just a bit reluctant on sharing personal information on a forum.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1Password 7 7.7.1.BETA-3
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
Sync Type: https://my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kennyvl!

I have tested that website and I was able to get 1Password to fill the information using an Identity item. From what you wrote, it sounds like you are trying to do this with a Login item instead, correct?

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

No, it was actually an identity item

Not really sure what may have happened though but when I re-visit the website now it actually works...
    I did notice that I did not receive the confirmation request "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on kx1.co" this time around I do and the form is being filled afterwards.

Sorry, seems I posted about a non-issue after all.

PS: is there some way I can disable this confirmation request "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on xxxxx" ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kennyvl:

No worries, I am glad to hear that the form is filling correctly now :)

PS: is there some way I can disable this confirmation request "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on xxxxx" ?

At the moment I don't believe it's possible to disable the confirmation. An alternative would be to use the 1Password X browser extension instead: since this extension runs entirely within the browser, the form filling should work without warnings, in case you would like to give that a try.

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

NaN
    I'm on Safari ;-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kennyvl:

I went back to that page to test this in Safari too, but I get this message:

Is there a way where we can get to a new form?

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kennyvl:

Thank you! I tested the form again and I can confirm that this is expected behavior in Safari at the moment. But I am happy that the form is filling without issues :)

This discussion has been closed.