autofill

I just want to autofill name, address fields in Brave and Chrome. I used to have 1P and there was no problem. In fact I don't think 1P had anything to do with autofill. With 1P-x I have a choice to use 1P-x or I have to disable 1P-x and let Brave autofill. I don't want to disable 1P-x and even if I unlock 1P-x autofill doesn't take place. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I autofill my name, address etc. with 1P-x on Brave, Chrome? Do I have to unlock 1P-x always?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @henryct ,

You can autofill your personal info (name, address etc) using an identity item. If you don't have one yet, open your 1Password and create a new identity item, then fill it out with all your information.

Then, when you get to a website where you need to autofill your name, address, phone or any other personal info, do this:

1. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to show 1Password.
    2. Find and select your identity item.
    3. Click on "Autofill".

You can test it here if you'd like: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple

If you prefer Brave's built-in autofill, you can turn it on without disabling 1Password X, but it might cause some confusion as both 1Password X and Brave will suggest autofilling, which might cause you trouble if you don't know which is which, so we advise against it. Here's how in case you'd like to give it a try:

1. Right click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings" .
    2. Under the "General" section, turn off the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. In Brave's settings, turn on autofilling.
  • henryct
    henryct
    Community Member

This is VERY helpful. I don't want to have to insert my 1P password every time I'm at a website that asks for information. That's an extra step and I fill out personal information many times a day. But if I turn off "Make 1Password the default password manager" does that mean when I create a new password on a new site 1P will not offer to save it?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

1Password will definitely be there and will ask you if you want to save it, @henryct .

However, it might be hidden by the browser's built-in password manager's suggestion, so you'll have to dismiss it first in order to reach 1Password's suggestion behind it.

• henryct
    henryct
    Community Member

Thanks. I appreciate your concise and clear explanations.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.