To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating to new MacBook — Touch ID disabled on iPhone and can no longer access account?

yeezy_gen
yeezy_gen
Community Member

I just purchased a new MacBook and wanted to add my 1Password account from my iPhone. My master password stopped working for this account and the touch ID inexplicably disappeared.

I'd love to find a way to access it again. I have my secret key and urgently need access without losing everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

@yeezy_gen

If Touch ID has failed and you no longer have access to your Master Password, then there is no way to access the data. Only you know your Master Password. 1Password maintains a hands-off approach to your data. We don't know it (Master Password), nor do we want to. The Master Password is required to decrypt your data.

Do you have any other devices with Touch ID/Face ID that you can access?

You'll likely want to reach out to us using support@1password.com and one of our billing team can help you concerning your billing for this account. We do not answer billing questions here in the community for your privacy and safety.

This discussion has been closed.