Question re use on phone?

Options
tm3
tm3
Community Member

Before I sign up for the service I'm trying to understand exactly how the day-to-day use will play out, and would appreciate any help with my question.

My understanding is that email needs to have a secure password, so ideally it would be generated by 1Password.

To check email on my phone, I would unlock the phone, then enter the 16+ character 1Password password to enable 1Password to fill in the email password -- correct?

Alternatively, I could leave 1Password always open or open for 30 days or similar on the phone thus needing only to unlock the phone to check email -- correct?

Scenario #1 seems cumbersome and tedious (typing a 16+ character password on a phone screen multiple times a day).

Scenario #2 seems vulnerable, ie a mobile device that may get lost or stolen provides the keys to the entire kingdom (everything protected under 1Password) if hacked.

Do I have this correct, or am I missing something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tm3

If you use the Mail app on your phone it will remember your email password. You do not need to enter it every time you want to check your email. Additionally for sites/services where it is necessary to frequently fill in your credentials 1Password can be unlocked using Touch ID / Face ID (whichever your device is set up for):

With that set up you would only need to enter your Master Password (in the main 1Password app) once each time your device restarts — from then on autofill would be able to unlock using biometrics.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.