Continued support for Intel based Macs?

Options
StefanHH
StefanHH
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

Having started with 1Pw4 on my old MacBook Pro 2010 years ago, then moving to 1Pw6 on that device (and still using it there) I now bought a MacBook Pro 16". I learned that obviously the subscription solution is now the path to choose. Though I have never been a big fan of that, I think that 3$/month is a reasonable price for the service you deliver.
However I have now worked around moving to the subscription model for a few months by just using copy/paste from my iPhone and inserting the passwords via the Mac's clipboard. Actually this is as annoying as using the old 1Pw6 on the old 2010 MBP... ;-)
But before finally switching to the subscription, I have one question: (how long) will you continue to support Intel based Macs, now as Apple introduced their new M1 based devices? As you can see from my old MBP, I tend to use my laptops for a rather long time and (if the 16" doesn't let me down) won't switch to Apple Silicon within the next 4-5 years. I know that nothing lasts forever, but have you already made up your mind about the time frame during which you will still support "legacy" systems?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @StefanHH

We haven't even begun to have a conversation about not supporting Intel Macs, and we anticipate folks using such systems for some time to come.

• StefanHH
    StefanHH
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks for the reply. I hope you won't start that discussion within the next years... 😉

• @StefanHH

I am right there with you. I just purchased my latest MBP in late 2019, and I, too, keep my Macs around for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.