How do you limit the vaults associated with 1Password mini "Suggestions"

Options

Based on the recent discussions in this community the only way to manage what is displayed during a login session is to remove the vault from "All Vaults" in the preferences of the 1Password app. I can't speak for anyone else so I will offer my workflow as an example of why this is does not work.

Attempting to manage my passwords through 1Password mini / browser extension is a nightmare and I am fairly sure it was not designed to do this. I currently have 5 vaults associated with 1Password. My Primary vault is where I keep all the current login / identity information that I use on a daily basis. I also have an "Obsolete" vault that I track sites that I have signed up for in the past but have no way to completely delete that account from the host. After removing the vault from "all vaults" none of that information is included when you search in mini or the 1Password app.

While I do agree that this is relatively minor, it does affect how I manage my information. In my opinion there should be a separate setting for suggestions so that it does not limit the ability to search "everything" while using the main application.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TWhittington! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better. At the moment you can manage this via the All Vaults setting, as you correctly said, but we can certainly think about how to continue improving on this in the future. Therefore, I have passed your feedback to the developers so it's officially noted :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#427

This discussion has been closed.