To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Able to log in to iOS app, but cannot change password or add users

Options
kulvette
kulvette
Community Member

I have been a member since 2015. I have found the last few times I have tried to add family members to our shared account, the master password is not accepted. However, I am able to log in to the iOS app with the master password just fine. Can you anyone provide me with some help?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• kulvette
    kulvette
    Community Member
    Options

It appears that you can have 2 Master Passwords? I can evidently get into my personal vault and change the password there, but when I attempt to get into my existing account, I cannot. 2 questions:
    1) Is there a limit of number of times to try to get the password correct?
    2) If I am unable to come up with the account password, but know my password to log into the app, how can I move the items I have access to, to a new account?
    I cannot log in to anything except for the iOS app. Browsers will not accept the password I know.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@kulvette

It sounds as if you still have a Primary vault on the iOS device. The Primary vault Master Password can be different from your 1Password account Master Password.

Look in your Personal/Private vault for an item named " 1Password account [insert name]" This may contain your account Master Password.

This discussion has been closed.