Browser integration experience is getting worst

Options
mfalsitta
mfalsitta
Community Member

Even before you might point this out, I will agree with you that this is topic is not very helpful from you point of view.
You will ask me to provide examples or to better put things into context and I will probably not find the time to do that since I have my own software development issues to take care of, BUT... Believe me when I am saying that recently the integration of 1Password (I use v.7) with browsers on MacOS (Catalina and BigSur) is becoming a mess.

I am using Safari and Brave at the same time and I experience confusing interactions when I end up in login relates input fields. This has not being the case in the past, I would say maybe... about 1 year back. Is it about new MacOs version interfering or is that you have actually changed your ergonomic approach and is actually proving to be worst than before?
Before was so smooth and handy that I was not even realising that it was there. It just worked quite perfectly. Now I get your icons everywhere, even obfuscating other icons (AWS key icon that could be useful) and I start getting defensive, because I now expect overlapping confusing popups along with confusing suggestions (so confusing that I was about to explain them here and it becomes so hard that I rather to avoid it).
I noticed other topics in the forum related to UI issues. So, I would take it much seriously. UI and UX is a fascinating field but a double edge sword, difficult to handle. Ergonomic software design should not be confused with WOW design, SFX and nice colours. The "wow" effect plays well at first but if the actual experience sucks, then you didn't use carefully your sword.
If going back is to move forward, please go back, and if disabling MacOs native suggestions is the only solutions then it is a bad solution.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mfalsitta! Welcome to the forum!

From what you wrote, I think you might be referring to the 1Password inline menu in Safari. If that is indeed what you are referring to, you can disable it under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab > Show inline menu in Safari.

If you are referring to something else instead, you are right that it would be great if you could give more context or examples so we can make sure we are on the same page :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.