Misc questions on some web page behaviors

There is one web site (mygreatlakes.org - used to pay back college loans)
that has a bunch of nuisance behaviors all rolled into one.
This particular web site has 3 pages related to the login (userid / pin / password)

1) on the first page, if you hit enter vs clicking on login it clears the userid.
Not a super big deal but I'm trying to use 1password using keyboard only if possible as I have learned shortcuts

2) 2nd page requires a PIN. Is is possible to to add another autofill field into 1password to handle 3 screen logins?
I typically save the PIN in a notes field if I can't remember it and refer back manually

3) When I hit the 3rd screen, which asks for the password, I usually hit the cmd+\ (This is on MacOS Catalina)
but on this particular site the 1password mini menu open up and I have to choose the login and then select autofill.

There was a 4th nuisance item which you folks gave me a wonderful workaround on so I decided to go all out
and pose the other three questions.

This last signon was on Firefox using the 1password extention which uses the local app

Thanks in advance for any wisdom,
Fredrick (Rick) Apel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

1Password is 7.7 MacOS Catalina is 10.15.7 1Pass Ext is 4.7.5.90

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickapel!

Unfortunately I don't have a login for that website that I can test until the end of the login process, but generally 1Password can fill forms when they are split between pages. Have you given these instructions a try already?

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

@ag_ana ,
    Generally I have had not issues on the 2 page logins with a username an password.

However, this particular webite has a 3 page login with the pin between the username and password.
    i.e page 1 username / page 2 pin / page 3 password

I've tried saving before on the 2nd page hoping that 1password would support a third field but as
    it turns out that it treats the pin on the 2nd page as the password.

So I conclude from that experiment that 1password supports userid/password but not any 3 field/3 page logins.

Since internally the developers have been able to determine programmatically what fields are the userid
    and password fields on the web pages, I was hoping that they would be able to extend that to include
    a third field such as a ping.

I was a bit confused by that article in that I think it was suggesting to create multiple logins for the same website,
    which would potentially create 3 entries for my situation, and potentially allowing me to fill in the 2nd and 3rd
    page of the login with a cmd+\ shortcut which would then potentially find my pin field in one of the three login fields.

So thus the userid would be completed on the first page with with a Go or Enter from mini, the 2nd with a cmd+\ and the 3rd with a cmd+.
    Is that what they were suggesting in that article or am I misunderstanding it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rickapel:

I was a bit confused by that article in that I think it was suggesting to create multiple logins for the same website,

You only need to create one login, multiple logins are not necessary. The steps in that article are:

1. Step 1: Create a new Login on the first page
    2. Step 2: Update the Login on the second page

So you only create it once, and then update it in the following step, without creating a new one.

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

@ag_ana ,
    What happens then is that the pin is saved in the password field of 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rickapel:

Ah yes, I see. So this form actually has two passwords, which makes things challenging. I assume that if you get to the third step and update your login item again, your password (the PIN) is overwritten by the actual password?

This discussion has been closed.