One Password Not Suggesting In App

Options
GTWOC
GTWOC
Community Member

Since the recent Big Sur upgrade, my 1Password doesn't suggest properly my webpage in the extension app. Now, I use 1Password in conjunction with Safari Keychain and I disabled the inline menu in Safari. But when I go to a site where I use 1Password such as my bank web page, I go into the extension helper and expect my bank password to be sitting waiting to be clicked, I see the same 1 suggestion which is a single Reward account. This happens for every web page. I have to "Search Primary" to bring up the password for that page which wasn't that way before the Big Sur upgrade. It was automatic. Suggestions would be great.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi @GTWOC! Welcome to the forum!

But when I go to a site where I use 1Password such as my bank web page, I go into the extension helper and expect my bank password to be sitting waiting to be clicked, I see the same 1 suggestion which is a single Reward account.

When you visit this website and look at the URL in the browser, is it the same URL that is in the website field of your Login item in 1Password?

• GTWOC
    GTWOC
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, absolutely. This happened after my OS upgrade to Big Sur. Worked flawlessly before that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GTWOC:

Thank you for the confirmation. Are you able to post a screenshot of your 1Password mini windows when you visit a website, that shows no entries?

• GTWOC
    GTWOC
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

OK - I think I at least figured this out, though I am sure it was not this way before the 7.7 upgrade. It does not auto suggest in the 1Password Mini window. You have to click the suggestion to make your website fill in.

You have to click the suggestion to make your website fill in. But you have to double click "Suggest password" for that website password to appear. Then click the suggestion which brings up the password block, but it is an extra step.

If you only single click you then have to select "Login" and then search the entire Login entries all over again which is what I was doing.

It seem like extra steps from the past.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GTWOC:

Can you confirm something? If you open the 1Password desktop app, are your items actually inside the Primary vault? I wonder if you maybe have multiple vaults in the app, and your items are in a different vault, not in the Primary vault.

• GTWOC
    GTWOC
    Community Member
    Options

OK - I think I at least figured this out, though I am sure it was not this way before the 7.7 upgrade. It does not auto suggest in the 1Password Mini window. It appears you have to click the suggestion to make your website fill in. But you have to double click "Suggest password" for that website password to appear. Then click the suggestion which works but it is an extra step.
    IMG_2775.jpeg

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GTWOC:

IMG_2775.jpeg

Did you try to upload a picture here?

Also, as per my previous post, could you confirm whether you indeed have any items in the Primary vault? From the screenshots you have been posting, I have a suspicion that your items are not in the Primary vault, and this could contribute to the extra steps you are doing.

• GTWOC
    GTWOC
    Community Member
    Options

Yes all items are there. I only have one vault with 339 items which is normal. I also synced to my iPhone last night too and everything is there as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GTWOC:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• GTWOC
    GTWOC
    Community Member
    Options

Hello the report was sent. What I noticed is that inline 1Password works fine although it covers up the Safari suggestion (which I use for non-critical passwords). With inline disabled is where I have to click through to get to the password site,

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GTWOC:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UET-12669-354

This discussion has been closed.