Vault Sync Problem

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Families

I just changed some information in three logins on my wife's Mac in our SHARED vault. The changes were immediately reflected in the SHARED vault on xxxxx.1password.com but they will not sync to the SHARED vault on my Mac in the macOS version of 1Password. They also don't reflect in the Safari extension.

1Password Version: Version 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

After approximate 40 minutes, the logins synched with my macOS version of 1Password. Seems like an inordinate amount of time to sync changes in a vault, given no interruption with internet service.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi @LarryMcJ!

Indeed, sync should happen instantly. Since the item was successfully uploaded from your wife's Mac right away, and appeared on 1Password.com, perhaps there was something temporary going on on your Mac. Should this happen again, please generate a diagnostics report from your Mac while the item has not synced yet, and we will be happy to take a closer look at what is happening "in real time" :+1:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll do some minor edits later on her computer and see how long they take to make it to mine and also try it in the other direction. She has the new M1 Mac mini and I have the new M1 MacBook Pro. Both are fully updated as is 1Password on both machines.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

I’ll do some minor edits later on her computer and see how long they take to make it to mine and also try it in the other direction.

Thank you! Testing in both directions will definitely be very useful :+1:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana - There is definitely a problem. This morning I tried it in reverse and have the same issue. At 10:50am I created a new login in the SHARED vault, this time using my Mac. It instantly appeared on xxxxxx.1password.com, on my iPhone and on my wife's iPhone. But it did NOT appear on her macOS desktop app. It's been 30 minutes and it's still not showing up there.

This has never happened before and the only thing different is we both have new M1 Macs. I have the M1 MBP and she has the M1 Mac mini. We both are using macOS 11.01 and the latest version of 1Password - 1Password 7.7 (70700015) - 1Password Store.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

At 11:28am the new SHARED login finally appears on my wife's Mac min - 38 minutes later.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

Thank you for the update. Please send us a diagnostics report from either device when you have a moment, and we can take a closer look at this :+1:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I've sent the report and in the email I referenced this post. The report was from my Mac so specifically, the time frame was beginning at 11:50am on December 13 until the login finally showed up in my wife's macOS 1Password at 11:28am. During that time, 1Password on my machine demonstrated a freeze, but it didn't haven't anything to do with the latency of the login showing up on my wife's Mac. Restarting 1Password on my machine fixed that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

Found it, thank you! We will take a look and get back to your email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: GPG-72524-583

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I was editing my previous comment when you posted this one...just a little more info.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @LarryMcJ!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.