Where is my data stored 1password 7.7?

Options
Terry Garthwait
Terry Garthwait
Community Member

Hello,

I've had 1password for 13 years and upgraded to 1password 7.7 some time ago. I wanted to clean up an old machine with a standalone version (6.8.8) which has not been used in some time.

Both my new machine with 7.7 and old machine with 6.8.8 appear to be storing data on iCloud.

Is that where my data is these days, I was under the impression my data in 7.7 was stored on your servers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Terry Garthwait!

Is that where my data is these days, I was under the impression my data in 7.7 was stored on your servers.

Data is stored on 1Password.com if you have a 1Password Membership, which is paid with a subscription. If you don't have a 1Password Membership, data is stored where you chose to store it back then (iCloud or Dropbox, for example).

• Terry Garthwait
    Terry Garthwait
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I have a 1password membership, yet I seem to have 1password 7 data in my cloud.

• Terry Garthwait
    Terry Garthwait
    Community Member
    Options

this is displayed on my old machine (same iCloud account)

• Ben
    Options

@Terry Garthwait

That may just be your setup code that 1Password syncs with iCloud. If you look in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts do you see an account listed? Also if you look in 1Password > Preferences is there a 'Sync' tab? If you have an account and no sync tab, then things are set up properly and your data is synced with your account. If that isn't the case then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117599/where-is-my-data-stored-1password-7-7#latest
    • Your forum username: Terry Garhwait

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Terry Garthwait
    Terry Garthwait
    Community Member
    Options

"That may just be your setup code that 1Password syncs with iCloud. If you look in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts do you see an account listed? "

Yes, my name is listed as subscribed with sign in address, email and key.

"If you have an account and no sync tab, "

No sync tab, yay!

"That may just be your setup code that 1Password syncs with iCloud."

I don't know what a set up code is, but on my new machine should I leave the 1password 7 iCloud sync box checked? or uncheck it?

also is it safe to uncheck the 1Password Mini and 1Password on my old machine which is still running 6.8.8.

My goal today was to delete the old 1password 6.8.8 data from my old machine/iCloud without screwing up my new machine (1password 7.7 data).

Make sense?

• Terry Garthwait
    Terry Garthwait
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Im having no issues, but don't understand what 1password 7 is syncing on the iCloud if the subscription service is syncing to your servers. I have 1password also on my phone, but it doesn't sync to iCloud.

Is this icloud sync required to sync to your servers?

if not, is it safe to uncheck 1password 7 on my new machines iCloud?

These folders I believe are from my standalone version/old machine, which I wiped this morning:

Ok, to delete also?

• Ben
    Options

I apologize for the delayed reply. iCloud is not required if using a membership. You can remove those items if desired. The only thing 1Password uses iCloud for when using a membership is to store your Setup Code data (sign-in URL, email address, and Secret Key) in iCloud Keychain, if iCloud Keychain is enabled.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.