More Big Sur-prises: Password AutoFill on macOS!

How can I enable this fancy integration of 1Password in Safari https://blog.1password.com/autofill-on-big-sur/?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @blar,

It isn't available quite yet. More news soon, hopefully. :)

Ben

• Hi @Ben, any news on this integration on Big Sur? This year's WWDC is right around the corner and I have to say I'm quite surprised at long this is taking, as we're used to 1Password adopt new platform features pretty quickly usually (for example when AutoFill appeared on iOS and Android).

Although, I noticed that I haven't seen any of the other major password managers (LastPass, Bitwarden, ...) implement this either. My quick Google search only leads me to Secrets for Mac (integration released November 20, 2020) and Strongbox (integration on December 4, 2020), which I both never heard about. Are there technical reasons as to why this feature is taking so long for everyone?

I'm really excited to finally have AutoFill in all apps instead of only browsers on macOS. Particularly for the constant Apple/iCloud/iTunes account login prompts every time you buy music/movies/etc. I'm also wondering if AutoFill will work with web-based Electron apps such as Slack and Spotify. Or maybe that will require an update from these apps to work with this integration? (to enable the detection of password fields for example?)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Nothing to share about this just yet @imkh, sorry! I don't know if there is a technical reason for this, but I know that our developers have been working on a lot of things recently though, so hopefully we will be able to share some updates soon :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file