Activating 1P on new Mac using Dropbox

Options
leesweet
leesweet
Community Member

I can't find any documentation on this or an option on the app. I've loaded 1P on the first new Mac I've had in many years (new Mac Mini), and all works except I keep getting the activation popup and I can't edit anything (of course). I have a version 7 license (had it for many years) but don't see a place to enter it. Using Dropbox, so, not going to set up a login at 1p.com as it keeps asking me too :) .

What's next? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Big Sur
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @leesweet

Where did you download 1Password from, the Mac App Store possibly? If so, that the culprit. You'll need to switch over to the version downloaded directly from the website as the Mac App Store version does not support licenses.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Lol, wilco. What's it there for, then? Advertising? Serious question.

And what's the best process, just delete the app and load the website version? Dropbox is installed and working, of course.

Thanks!

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I need a new post, what's the best method to uninstall just the app store app? Thanks!

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Lol, I see the process is documented at that link. Thanks for the details.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Just to close this out, done, took about three minutes, quit the app, download the new one, run, automatically licensed. Perfect! Thanks for great documentation!

• @leesweet

Thanks for the update. It great to hear you're up and going again.

This discussion has been closed.