Stopping 1Password plugin nags

Options
Tangential1956
Tangential1956
Community Member

I have used 1P since its creation, but the using latest version in Safari on Big Sur is just too painful. It could be 1P or maybe its the latest Safari but the auto popups/dropdowns from the fields are hideous, clunky and they block way to much real estate. I was perfectly happy to push the 1P icon on the window when I wanted its help. As a result, I've disabled the 1P plugin in safari and now I am getting constant notifications about the need to enable it. If you look at what the Kbase says about notifications:

1Password notifications

On your Mac, 1Password will notify you when:

a new update is available
a one-time password is copied to the clipboard
your access to a vault changes
a website you have an account for is added to Watchtower

Notifying me to enable a plugin is none of these circumstances above. Is there any way to stop the plugin nag without having to turn off all notifications for 1P?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• @Tangential1956

Please enable the Safari extension and then select one of the following that may be of benefit to you. Disable or modify how the new inline menu works.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field. * Bug - You must click the button once to hide the prompt.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• Tangential1956
    Tangential1956
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll experiment and see which of those works best for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Tangential1956, let us know how it goes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.