To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Region Selection

Am i right in thinking the reason you have multiple region is down to different data protections laws? If so how can i change region to Europe?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Memories4Life

You can change your region by following these steps.

• Memories4Life
    Memories4Life
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

thanks for the info...

You didnt answer my question you only provided a solution which is great and im thankful for but could you answer the question.

Are your privacy laws in Canada different from what we have here in Europe?

If not then its pointless moving region.... 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

We are not lawyers, so you would need to consult with one for specifics.

But Canada is in line with GDPR, so both 1Password.ca and 1Password.eu are GDPR-compliant; 1Password.com is hosted in the US but is exactly the same as the European and Canadian servers in all other respects. Customers using 1Password.com get all of the same privacy and security, but cannot be used by some customers because using a service in the US may put them in non-compliance due to location.

For most people, I would agree that it would be pointless to change regions, not to mention a bit of a hassle. We only have separate regional servers for three reasons: ease of access (closer is faster), ease of payment (currencies matter to some customers), and ease of compliance (you may need to restrict yourself to using services in the EU or Canada for business/legal reasons). Put another way, 1Password is GDPR compliant, but you may need/want to use a server in a particular location for reasons of your own. Cheers! :)

• BringATowel
    BringATowel
    Community Member

would it be the same login info when switched to the new region or is it a completely new 1password account ? i would like to keep my current login/username but just switch it to new region.

• The Secret Key would be new (no way around that), but you could use the same email address and Master Password if desired.

Ben

• Memories4Life
    Memories4Life
    Community Member

Hmmm....

I gonna give 1password a skip... For a number of reasons.

The nail in the coffin comes because Microsoft Authenticator adds a new password manager support to its Android and iOS apps.
    You cant get better than that if your a windows user.! And its FREE!

Sorry guys but im off! Thanks for everything!

• @Memories4Life

Understood. It's always best to find something that works for you. If you wish to give us another look, we're here.

This discussion has been closed.