Is there a way to return back chrome native auto-fill for cards, but not for passwords?

1password auto-fill for cards seams to be buggy, at least it fails to insert expire date on all sites I tried. But if I try to disable it, and enable chrome's native autofill, it also disables autofill for passwords, which makes extension nearly useless. Does I miss some way to keep only passwords autofill?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kunyavskiy ,

Can you please test autofilling of your credit card item here: https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple
    If the expiration date is not autofilling correctly, please try creating a new credit card item in your 1Password, then test that new item. If it works correctly, it should also work correctly in other websites.

If you encounter websites where it is not working well, it would be best if you report these websites to us so we can investigate it here and improve 1Password accordingly for all users :)

To answer your question directly:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on top right corner of your browser and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings page, turn off the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Now you will be able to turn on Chrome's autofill while keeping 1Password active. Keep in mind that this might become confusing having both turned on, and will cause some user error if you're not paying attention to which autofill you are interacting with.
  • kunyavskiy
    kunyavskiy
    Community Member

Thanks a lot!

Existing card works on you site. I think problem is with sites which want's expire date in format like 01/21 instead of 01/2021 or something like that.

For example:
    on https://passport.yandex.ru/profile adding a painment method is not detected at all
    on https://securepay.tinkoff.ru/ (i'm not sure how to get link where one would be able to fill something, only for exact payment, which is not good, i think) it inserts only month, but not year.

I now tried on several more sites, it sometimes worked, so probably, i was just unlucky with choosing where to pay on several first days after I added it. I'll try adding more links, if find some.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

Hey @kunyavskiy ,

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately I am unable to reach any payment pages on them since I don't have an account.
    If you'd be willing to help us improve 1Password, you can collect some details from these payment forms and send them to us, which will ensure things will work better in the next updates of 1Password.

If you'd like that, here's how:

1. Right-click the 1Password extension icon on the top-right corner of your browser and select "Manage Extensions".
    2. Turn on the "Developer Mode" toggle on the top right side of the page.
    3. In the center of the page where you see the extension's details, click the "Background Page" link.
    4. A new window will open. Select the "Console" tab at its top, then click the bottom part of the console so you can write in it.
    5. Type in the following and hit Enter afterwards: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")
    6. Close Chrome completely, then relaunch it and unlock 1Password X.
    7. Get to a payment page where 1Password is autofilling incorrectly, then right-click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner, select the "Developer Tools" and then click on "Collect Page Details".
    8. Copy the details to a text file and send it over to us at support+extensions@1password.com alongside a short description of that the problem on that page was (e.g. "1Password doesn't autofill the expiration date correctly on this website, it autofills 01/2021 instead of 01/21"...).

You can repeat steps 7-8 for every website you encounter (the first 6 steps are just a one time setup so no need to repeat them), and we will fix them all with every update of 1Password.
    You are definitely not obliged to perform these steps, but your help in improving 1Password would be greatly appreciated whenever you can :)

• kunyavskiy
    kunyavskiy
    Community Member

I probably can't do it right now, but I'll try eventually find time. Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

No worries and no rush. Feel free to do it if you can, when you can :)

This discussion has been closed.