Cannot upgrade to 7.7. It won't download from app store

Options
JamesRobertson
JamesRobertson
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying ro a week to upgrade. When I download from the App Store it gets to abut 90% and then tells me that it cannot complete the download. "Unable to download app. Try again later." I have tried quitting 1PW and then used the helper to completely quit 1PW. I have quit all open browsers. I have restarted my MBP.

Any help appreciated.

James

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 11.0.1
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:cant download 7.7 from App Store

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@JamesRobertson

Unfortunately, that is a problem that only the App Store could address. I'm afraid we do not have any control over it or its resources. If it continues, you may wish to contact Apple directly. Try these steps to see if they get you going.

1. Quit Safari and any other open web browsers.

• No lights under the browser icons.
    2. Quit 1Password completely.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.
    1. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash.

• DO NOT use an app cleaner. They can become clean-happy and accidentally remove your data. We do not want that to happen. Manually dragging the application to the Trash is the best option.
    2. Restart the Mac.

3. Download 1Password from the Mac App Store.

5A. * Alternative - If you are still unable to download 1Password from the Mac App Store, download it directly from our site and install.

• JamesRobertson
    JamesRobertson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, thanks, I am up and running with 7.7.

I encountered a problem when dragged the app to the trash: the App Store no longer offered me the update, presumably because 1PW was no longer recognised as one of my apps. I downloaded directly from your site.

I have to admit to being very nervous when I dragged it to the trash. I am so dependent on 1PW that if I lost my password data I would probably jump off a bridge.

Thanks for your help, and being so quick with it.

Stay safe, and happy Christmas

James

• We might be on that bridge together if I lost my data. Your data is maintained outside of the application. You can swap out the application as needed, provided you do not use an app cleaner.

Happy Holidays to you, and yours!

• JamesRobertson
    JamesRobertson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. All te best, James

• :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.