Product Support Information on Website so Thin as to be Useless

Options
tonyfahey
tonyfahey
Community Member

I just want to go to a support page that covers preference setting for 1Password on the Mac. For example, I want to know what an inline menu in Safari is, what it looks like. Privacy.com integration, as a term, is also so ambiguous as to be useless without a contextual explanation. I have now spent 30 minutes trying to uncover helpful information on your website to no avail. Most of what I have managed to find on your support pages is marketing level technical depth, virtually useless for someone that is already a customer and is just interested in catching up on all of the evolutionary changes to your products since I became a customer at version 2 or was it 3?

Manuals used to be used for the above. Somehow, you decided that they are no longer required for something as technically complex as a cyber security product.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Web account
Referrer: forum-search:I need to know where to go here that explains preference settings on 1Password for mac

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@tonyfahey

Using our support site may be the best approach. https://support.1password.com/ Manuals can quickly become outdated as items can change frequently. We have all of our support pages online where they are searchable. This ensures you are not looking at an outdated set of instructions.
    If you find something not listed online, you are also always welcome to ask any questions here. We would be happy to help.

The inline menu is more of a menu-driven approach to using 1Password with the data appearing in the user name and password fields, among others. Less scrolling too to get to the 1Password extension button beside the URL bar. It would appear like this:

--

You can find more details on our Privacy.com integration here and our blog post here.

This discussion has been closed.