1password button shows up on top of apple password icon.

Options

I want to be able to migrate to 1password but many of my passwords are now stored in apple passwords and in Roboform. I need to use those to log in to all my accounts to allow 1 password to capture my passwords. But the icon for 1 password extension shows up right over the apple key icon so I can not use is to log in.

M1 Mac Mini

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password button shows up on top of apple password icon.

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SteveU75 .

You can turn off the 1Password inline menu (the popup that shows up under usernames/password fields) in 1Password's preferences:

1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. Select the "Browsers" tab in the preferences window and turn off the Safari inline menu.

Keep in mind that the inline menu is a great feature to have and it makes using 1Password super easy and intuitive. Alternatively, you can disable Safari's suggestions, which will make it simpler to use 1Password: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member
    Options

You indicate that it shows up underneath the username and password but the one password icon on my iPad sits exactly over the Safari password manager key icon.

I would like to have both available to help with the migration.

My plan was to have 1 password open as well as RoboForm, and then go through all the accounts in RoboForm allowing 1 password to capture those passwords. Then open up Safari and go through all the saved passwords in safari allowing one password to capture those as well.

Right now migration seems overwhelming as I have to get about 1000 accounts over from RoboForm as well as from the Apple password manager.

Right now I expected it would take a minimum of three-four hours to update all the passwords.

About six months ago I tried the import option from RoboForm to 1Password without success, do you have any other suggestions about how to make it work.

• Hey @SteveU75. The menu itself is below the fields, but yes, the icon is in the field itself and can conflict with Keychain's icon (or vice versa, depending on how you look at it :smile:).

What happened with the Roboform import? Our concierge team would be happy to take a look at this with you if you write in to support@1password.com. We do support importing logins from Roboform, as outlined here:

https://support.1password.com/import-roboform/

This discussion has been closed.