iPad with 1Password v6.9.1 cannot add an account from v7

kiriart
kiriart
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1Password version 6 to 7. My Macbook and iPhone are in sync and workind with no problems. However, my iPad cannot sync. I did the same procedure I did with the iPhone scanning the code and entering the master password. My iPad is an old one IOS 10.3.4 and does not support the latest 1password software version. It has the version 6.9.1 installed. Is this version not compatible to sync with version 7? It asks me to check my email and secret key everytime I try to add a new 1password account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kiriart

You can review the 1Password system requirements here:

System requirements for 1Password

Accounts do indeed require 1Password 7, which as of writing requires at least iOS 12.2. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start thinking about a newer model.

I apolgize for the delay in my response, and for being the bearer of bad news.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.