moving documents secure notes

Options
metdivo
metdivo
Community Member

I just switched from 1password 6 to 1password 7 families. I have a bunch of secure notes with documents attached. I went through the documents sidebar tab and redownloaded any docs that didn't appear. I want to share some of the with a family member. When I try to share I get the One of the items you are copying has a reference to another item. These item references will be lost. error message. If I share anyway, then try to add the link from my private vault, it doesn't come up in the search. Please tell me what I have to do to get this working. Also, if I copy a securenote to the shared vault, will it update in the shared vault if I update the private vault? Or would it be better to move the note into the shared vault completely?

Thanks. Stephen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:moving documents secure notes

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @metdivo! Welcome to the forum!

If I share anyway, then try to add the link from my private vault, it doesn't come up in the search.

I think this is the problem: if items are in your Private vault, they cannot be shared. They can only be accessed by you. If you only moved the Secure Note, please make sure you also move the related Document item to the new vault. At that point you should be able to add a link again :+1:

Also, if I copy a securenote to the shared vault, will it update in the shared vault if I update the private vault? Or would it be better to move the note into the shared vault completely?

Moving the Secure Note to the shared vault would be better, because in that case you only have one copy of the item to update. If you keep two copies of it, you would need to update both manually whenever there is an update.

• metdivo
    metdivo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip!

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.