Is it possible to remove duplicate entries in two vaults?

Options
DonInSF
DonInSF
Community Member

I just upgraded to families, from 1 shared account between my wife and I, synced via Dropbox. After I completed the upgrade on my devices, I separated a third of the passwords into a shared folder. I then upgraded my wife's device and it copied everything from the original primary vault on DropBox into her primary vault under the family. So, now there are a bunch of duplicates between the multiple family accounts. Any ideas on how to fix this?

All of our versions have been upgraded to the newest.

Thanks,
Don

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove duplicates between vaults

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DonInSF! Welcome to the forum!

After migrating to 1Password.com, our recommendation is usually to remove the old Primary vault from the app, so you don't have duplicate items. If you remove the Primary vault from your 1Password apps, do the duplicates disappear?

• DonInSF
    DonInSF
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Sorry, i'm not sure why I never saw this response. So, the duplicate entries I was referring to are in the same vault.

It's been several months now and doesn't seem to be a major issue so far. But would be nice if there was an option to remove duplicates in shared vaults. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonInSF:

No worries at all, and thank you for the confirmation! If the duplicates are in the same vault, you can try the duplicate removal tool in 1Password for Mac, which you can find under the Help menu > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items while you are in the vault with the duplicates :+1:

• DonInSF
    DonInSF
    Community Member
    Options

Nice! I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.