1Password Beta 4 username and password fill on omada website

Options
left4pook
left4pook
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

1Password has trouble filling both username and password on the TP-Link omada cloud website using Safari:

https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/login

1Password 7
Version 7.7.1.BETA-4 (70701004)
1Password Beta

{
"frames": [
{
"fields": [
{
"labelBefore": "Enter with your TP-Link ID and password.",
"maxLength": 128,
"opid": 0,
"type": "text"
},
{
"htmlClass": "text-hint",
"isReadOnly": true,
"opid": 1,
"tabIndex": -1,
"type": "text",
"value": "TP-Link ID(Email)"
},
{
"htmlClass": "text-text password-text password-hidden ",
"maxLength": 64,
"opid": 2,
"type": "password"
},
{
"htmlClass": "text-hint password-hint ",
"isReadOnly": true,
"opid": 3,
"type": "text",
"value": "Password"
},
{
"htmlClass": "checkbox-checkbox",
"htmlId": "login-remember-checkbox-648849111",
"isHidden": true,
"label": "Remember Me",
"opid": 4,
"type": "checkbox",
"value": "on"
}
],
"forms": [],
"origin": "https://omada.tplinkcloud.com",
"pathName": "/login",
"title": "Omada Cloud",
"uuid": "13zgo4h"
}
],
"title": "Omada Cloud",
"unparsedUrl": "https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/login"
}

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-4 (70701004)
Extension Version: 7.7.1.BETA-4
OS Version: MacOS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @left4pook ,

I tested 1Password 7 BETA on your website, and 1Password can fill without issues for me. Could you please follow the steps here to create a new login manually of your website and see how it works for you?

If the new login item works, you can move the old item to the trash.

Best regards,

• left4pook
    left4pook
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @nhat_1P.

Did as you asked. And the new login still does not fill the form. Were you on Safari? I also tried on my iPhone running the latest iOS and 1Password with the same result. When 1Password is used to fill the form, the username and password are shown on the form in highlight, but they do not register for submission. The latest Mac Firefox (84.0.1) manages to fill only the password and not the username.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@left4pook – I see exactly what you're saying in Safari – I'm not sure what browser Nhat was testing in. It looks like this website is specifically requiring you to type something into the password field before the Login button becomes available to click. We do our best to mimic a keypress in order to tickle the fields just right, but there are some that we simply cannot get past. While I'm not sure if there's anything we can do to improve the filling experience here, I'll go ahead and report the issue to our developers so they can take a closer look. The best workaround I can think of for now would be to type a random character into the password field (after your password is filled), then backspace it. As for the email field, it seems as though clicking inside the field changes the HTML a bit (it starts out as a read-only field), but once I click inside the field, I'm able to click the 1Password icon in my browser toolbar and click the Autofill button. Alternatively, you'd have to click your Login in the inline menu twice (then click inside the email field once more so the error goes away) in order to fill the email.

ref: dev/core/core#4146

This discussion has been closed.