have had my Mac mini serviced and cannot open 1Password

Options
bethmallett
bethmallett
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

I cannot open 1Password on my Mac mini since having it serviced. I bought a membership last year.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:have had my Mac mini serviced and cannot open 1Password

Comments

• bethmallett
    bethmallett
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

1Password 6. 6.8.9
    purchased 2019-08-24
    order number
    mac10.13.6

• bethmallett
    bethmallett
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot find a secret key

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bethmallett

It appears you've got a version of 1Password that is over 2 years old installed. macOS 10.13 would require 1Password 7:

Download 1Password 7

Additionally, just to clarify, this purchase is not a membership:

purchased 2019-08-24
    order number [redacted]

It is a standalone license. This is why you do not have a Secret Key. Only memberships have Secret Keys. There are a host of benefits that are included with membership that are not included with a license. To discuss further I'd encourage you to reach out to our team at support@1password.com.

Lastly, as a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. macOS 10.13 is 3 major versions outdated at this point. Are you not able to update to macOS 11.1? We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start considering a newer model.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I am not sure that it is time yet to move to macOS 11. But it should be possible to move beyond 10.13 unless the machine is very old.

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.