Autofill password problem

ejformby
ejformby
Community Member

I'm in the process of moving more important password from iCloud Keychain to 1Password.

I have two bank apps on my phone. The login info for the first app is only in 1Password. For the second, I currently have the login info in both 1Password and and iCloud Keychain.

For the first app, when I select the username field, the keyboard appears with the 'Passwords' button at the top. When I select that I'm then given the choice between 1Password and iCloud Keychain. When I select 1Password the vault window appears and I can select the entry for the app and the username and password fields are populated.

For the second app, when I select the username field, it shows some of the info from the iCloud entry. When I select the the key icon next to it, I get three options: one for the entry in 1Password, one labeled '1Password...', and one labeled 'iCloud Keychain...'

If I select the first option, the username and password fields are populated. If I select the second, '1Password...', I get the vault window with the entry for the app. When I select that, it only fills in the username field and leaves the password field empty.

If I select the password field and go through the same process, it still doesn't populate the password field.

I then removed the second app's login info from iCloud so that it was only in 1Password.

When I tried to login the app, the login info was at the top (presumably from 1Password). When I selected that, it only populated the username.

I then turned off autofill and turned it back on.

Now when I try to login the app I get the 'Passwords' button. When I select that I get the '1Password...' and 'iCloud Keychain...' options. When I select 1Password and select the app entry, it only populates the username field. The only way I can currently populate the password is to open the 1Password app, copy the password, then paste it in the app I'm trying to login.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: None, this is using only apps
OS Version: iOS 14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.