Dropping Apple Silicon app copied from iPhone onto 1Password creates a Software item without version

dmittman
dmittman
Community Member

This is a rather bleeding edge problem, but I used iMazing to copy the Venmo app from my iPhone to my M1 Mac mini and installed it. When I dragged and dropped the now-Mac Venmo app on 1Password, it created a "Software" item but didn't add the version number. I've only done this once, and I'll try to repeat it soon, but I thought I'd pop over and record this finding in case it's useful to someone.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @dmittman,

What are you expecting it to do?

• dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member

Hey, Rudy! When I drop other macOS apps onto 1Password, 1Password creates a "Software License" item with the name of the app and the version number. When I drop a "converted iOS app" onto 1Password, 1Password creates a "Software License" item with the name of the app, but without a version number. I would like 1Password to include the version number as well. My workaround is to Get Info on the "converted iOS app," then copy and paste the version number into the "Software License" item.

• @dmittman,

do you have an example of one such app so I can see how they're packaging them up?

• dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member

Sure! I've attached the game "2048" which shows version "2.4.19" in the Finder but has no Version attribute when dropped in 1Password to create a Software License item. Hmm…seems like I can't attach a file here. Both the "Insert an image" and "Attach a file" dialogs accept only images.

• @dmittman,

I've examined an iOS app on Mac bundle and the change to make that work will be in the next 1Password for Mac beta.

• dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member

Woo hoo! Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of rudy, you are welcome @dmittman! And, even if a little bit late, happy holidays to you too! :D

This discussion has been closed.