Apple watch won't unlock

Options
mikepo
mikepo
Community Member

The Apple Watch unlock feature is enabled in 1P preferences on my iMac 5K (2020). I believe it worked a couple of times when the feature first appeared, but lately it never works for either the app or the extension.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• mikepo
    mikepo
    Community Member
    Options

Update: turned unlock OFF in preferences, then back on. Now it works. For now.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now, @mikepo! Please keep us posted if the issue resurfaces. Thanks. :)

• flipphillips
    flipphillips
    Community Member
    Options

I tend to have the same problem on and off. I have two machines that I use the 'watch unlock' on. I just spent a few weeks away from one of them... all the rest of the macOS functions that use the watch unlock work - but 1Password never presents me with the opportunity.

Same thing happened throughout the beta cycle but seemed to settle down towards the later releases.

I have the same 'solution' as @mikepo but it does get a bit tedious.

• @flipphillips

Have you tried our latest beta, version 7.7.1 b4, as of this writing? I use the beta on my Mac, and I have not experienced any issues since updating.

• flipphillips
    flipphillips
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I literally just checked after I sent that message... Apparently I had switched off the beta stream after the release came out. So I'm on the beta now and will report back. Thanks for the nudge.

• For some reason, I had a feeling that you may have been on the latest stable release. Thanks for giving it a try.

• lisaroo
    lisaroo
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. "Unlock using: Apple Watch" works for awhile (e.g. a few weeks), then just stops. Must enter Master Password every time after that (not just first launch after specified time interval expires). Though unlock setting remains enabled in Preferences > Security. Have to use same temporary workaround of disabling Apple Watch unlock and then re-enabling it (but problem eventually returns). 1Password version 7.7 on macOS 11.0.1

• @lisaroo

The developers are still working to resolve this in our betas. I'm sorry for the wait. If you want to the beta, we welcome you to do so.

• mikestecker
    mikestecker
    Community Member
    Options

Came here looking for answers as I've been having this problem for weeks. Glad to know the team is on it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed @mikestecker, they are aware of this :) Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.