Unable to Find Text in A Selected Secure Note

Options
Oxon
Oxon
Community Member

I needed to search for a specific word in a lengthy secure note, but I can't work out how to do it! What am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Oxon!

Is the 1Password search bar not working for you for this? I have just tested this by entering the word directly in the 1Password search bar, and 1Password showed me the secure note that included that word.

This article might also be useful:

Search 1Password to find what you need

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's working but brings up a list of records/notes containing the text. It was drilling down in a single note that I was looking for.

Regards

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Oxon:

Thank you for the update! If the word appears in multiple notes, then 1Password will show you every note. If you would like the search results to show only a specific note, you will need to enter a more specific text in the search bar, something that is only inside this specific note.

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. It would be more useful, if having selected a particular note from the search, a search could be performed on that note, (like a search in a single Word document) as it is not always possible to enter a more specific text string.

(Actually, I seem to remember the facility existed in an older version of the main app.)

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Oxon:

I see, thank you for the suggestion! I can see how this could be helpful to you, so hopefully we will be able to address this some time in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.