To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How often does the mater password need to be entered?

Options
why_not_me
why_not_me
Community Member

I'm considering purchasing 1Password for my family. I'll use 1Password across 2PCs/3IOS devices, plus my family will use it on a different combination of PC/IOS devices. How often will each of us need to enter the master password? for instance, if my PC goes to sleep and I need to sign in again, will I need to reenter the Master Password? How about if I turn my IOS Device off (not shut down, just turn it off)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:frequency of entering master password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @why_not_me! Welcome to the forum!

How often will each of us need to enter the master password?

This can be configured by each user on each app, the auto-lock settings are not fixed ;)

for instance, if my PC goes to sleep and I need to sign in again, will I need to reenter the Master Password? How about if I turn my IOS Device off (not shut down, just turn it off)?

Certain system events, such as a reboot, a shutdown, or a device going to sleep will require to enter the Master Password again. Simply turning off the screen of your iOS device does not mean that 1Password will necessarily locked, if you configured the app not to lock automatically in this case.

This discussion has been closed.