Is there a way to consolidate tags? Or to re-tag an entire group of entries?

xmarc999
xmarc999
Community Member

I buy software bundles, which very nicely provide a 1Password import (CSV) file with all the relevant info including product keys. BUT they are all tagged with a date. I do want to tag all the entries, but with a tag that applies to all software purchases. In the future, I can edit the CSV file before I import it, and change the tag. But I have many many entries already in 1P that I want to change. It's easy to select a tag in the sidebar and get all the listings for one bundle, but I want to re-tag them with my generic tag and delete the dated tag. Yes, I can do them one at a time, but there are a lot and I can think of better things to do with my time. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
Sync Type: 1p Families
Referrer: forum-search:consolidate tags

Comments

• Hi @xmarc999

You should be able to select the tag in question in the sidebar, select all of them items in the resulting list, and then drag them to the desired tag. That will apply the desired tag to them. Then you can right click the original tag in the sidebar and select the option to delete it, which would remove it from all items.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• xmarc999
    xmarc999
    Community Member

Exactly what I needed. Thanks, Ben!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.