Could you add Wavebox to the supported browsers for the extensions?

Options
MarkMeinema
MarkMeinema
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

For many of my web tasks I'm using Wavebox, a browser based on Chromium, able to support extensions. It would be very nice if the 1Password extension would be supported there, the extension that allows for communication with the Desktop App.

1PasswordX works, but I don't like that extension very much yet. When unlocked it's fine, but to unlock it, I have to enter my master password several times a day. Not the end of the world, but it makes using the extension quite unpleasant compared to the desktop app, where I can use Windows Hello biometrics to unlock.

It would be nice if the other 1Password extension would work in Wavebox: the one that talks to the desktop app and which therefore is actually WAY more practical than the shiny but cumbersome full featured one.

Or is there any timeline where we can see both extensions merged into one where it can talk to the desktop app??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: latest beta but version doesn't really matter here
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 (latest)
Sync Type: subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Could you add Wavebox to the supported browsers?

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MarkMeinema 👋

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you're interested in Wavebox becoming a supported browser. As of right now, I don't know of any plans to add any additional browsers to our list of supported browsers. However, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to my team. It sounds like you already know of my suggestion, which is to use 1Password X instead of the desktop-dependent 1Password extension.

I don't have a timeline to share, unfortunately. But you can read our latest update here.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#494

• MarkMeinema
    MarkMeinema
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for now then! Good to know!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkMeinema – Anytime! If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to reach back out. :)

This discussion has been closed.