Deleting the password clipboard in Firefox browser plugin

Options

Dear Sir or Madam,

I miss with the use of the Firefox plugin (1Password) the function that the clipboard deletes itself after "X seconds". With the use of the desktop version of 1Password on Windows 10 this works wonderfully. Unfortunately, in the browser plugin, I can't find an entry in the settings to edit 1Password's delete function. Does this function not exist in the browser plugin?

Kind regards
dubh01

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Deleting the password clipboard in Firefox browser plugin

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dubh01 👋

That's a really good question, and I'm glad you brought it up. It requires a bit of an explanation, so let me back up a bit.

1Password X is our extension that operates solely inside the browser, and it doesn't require a connection to a desktop app. That means that the application doing the copying is technically your browser (Firefox in this case) rather than 1Password itself. So unfortunately, our clipboard management options are limited because of that.

All that said, I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to my team that way we can keep it in mind when building future versions of 1Password X. I'll admit that I'd love to see this as well, but it would require the connection to a native app, and we're just not quite there yet with 1Password X.

ref: dev/core/core#159

• dubh01
    dubh01
    Community Member
    Options

Hi kaitlyn, thanks for the quick reply and forwarding the feedback. I would like and be very happy that in the future versions there will be a possibility to implement this feature. In my opinion it would improve the security. Kind regards

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem, @dubh01! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.