!Password prompt can be a nuisance

Options
RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

The 1Password prompt always site right on top of whatever login spot exists on a webpage. It obscures my view of the login spot. It even sits on top of some place where I would enter an email address regarding something that isn't a login. I am fine with 1P being johnny-on-the-spot to be helpful. But is there some way to move it off to the side so it isn't sitting right on top?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7 from 1Password 7.7
OS Version: macOS 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RickCunn

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like the Safari inline feature is enabled. You can disable this by unlocking the 1Password app on your Mac, then open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers. Here you can untick the "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" in the Safari section. Let me know if this improves things for you. You can still activate the inline menu by clicking on its icon, or alternatively you can use the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar or the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut to bring up 1Password mini.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

Yup. Exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it @RickCunn. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.