My iphone app is sycning to dropbox but on my Mac App I can't find the sync option on the preference

Options
tomermi
tomermi
Community Member

My iphone app is sycning to dropbox but on my Mac App I can't find the sync option on the "preferences" menu

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Bigsur 11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My iphone app is sycning to dropbox but on my Mac App I can't find the sync option on the preferences menu (1P7)

Comments

• @tomermi

If the sync option is not shown in settings, then the Mac is configured to use a 1Password.com account for syncing. The sync option is not shown in that configuration as all syncing is handled by 1Password. It appears you have two different setups on the devices. How are you looking to sync your data?

• tomermi
    tomermi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I honestly don't care as long as it works. I can do either Dropbox or through 1P.com (although not sure what's the process of syncing through 1p.com)

• @tomermi

For the sync to occur, both devices must be configured to sync via the same method. How are your devices configured? The Mac looks to be syncing via 1Password.com. How is the iPhone configured? As you mentioned Dropbox, I would think it may be pointed at a Dropbox vault.

Are you able to access https://my.1password.com ? Is all of your data present?

To use the membership:

On the iPhone, you would sign into the membership account if necessary.
    If any data is on the phone and not in your membership vault, you would move it from the Primary vault to the Personal vault..
    Once everything is in your Personal vault, remove the Primary vault.

Both devices will now use your membership.

This discussion has been closed.