1PX resets to All Vaults upon Mac restart

Options
camner
camner
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I like to have 1PX only show suggestions (and search results) from my Personal vault, and it is easy to change the settings for 1PX to only look at the Personal vault. But, whenever I restart my Mac, 1PX goes back to searching and showing suggestions from All Vaults. Shouldn't the setting for which vaults to search/show suggestions from be "sticky" across restarts? Is there a design reason why it isn't?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @camner 👋

When you fully quit your browser, you're also fully quitting 1Password X. The vault search is then reset upon quitting the app. However, there is a way to adjust your "All Vaults" to only reflect some of your vaults. I'd suggest going that route if you're looking for a more permanent option. You can do that by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then click the settings cog, and expand your vaults. You should see another settings cog next to All Vaults – click that. From there, you can trigger which vaults you want to show up in All Vaults. If you only use your Personal vault, for example, you can disable the other vaults (you can still search them by clicking the "Search Everywhere" button in the screenshot below).

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn: Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know if you have any further questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.