added 2fa, now when i open the browser ext it takes me to 1pw.com

Options
silas
silas
Community Member

I'm not sure why this happens: I just added several 2fa methods to me 1pw.com, (authenticator, and a few UFA hardware keys), that all seems fine but now when i enter the password into my 1pw browser extension in Brave another tab opens and takes me to 1pw.com. I'd rather not have this happen every time that i type my password into the extension, is there a setting i can adjust?

also i don't really understand why i need to have an authenticator and a UFA key set up, is there a way to remove the need for a OTP and just use my hardware keys instead?
any wisdom is welcome!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: mas os 10.15.6
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:2fa

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @silas!

when i enter the password into my 1pw browser extension in Brave another tab opens and takes me to 1pw.com. I'd rather not have this happen every time that i type my password into the extension, is there a setting i can adjust?

If you are trying to login to the 1Password extension, I think at the moment it is required to complete the authentication in a separate browser tab, I am not aware of a way to make this happen directly within the extension window. However, I think this is something that would be very nice to have, so perhaps we can consider it for the future :+1:

also i don't really understand why i need to have an authenticator and a UFA key set up, is there a way to remove the need for a OTP and just use my hardware keys instead?

This is because not every 1Password app supports hardware keys, so the TOTP will be required until that's the case. Otherwise, you would risk getting locked out or not being able to configure 1Password on these devices until they receive support for hardware keys.

This discussion has been closed.