Can I instruct Generate Password to exclude or include certain special characters in a password?

Stu707
Stu707
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Password Generator chooses special characters that are not acceptable to some web sites that require special characters in the password. I would like to exclude certain special characters or alternatively list acceptable special characters.

Comments

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

Whoops, I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry, I don't know how to delete it.

• @Stu707

I relocated your post to the Mac section as you originally posted in the legacy Mac section. Please let me know if that's not correct.

It's not possible to select or deselect specific characters while generating a password. You could generate the password and then edit it to remove or replace the errant characters.

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

Thanks, ag_tommy for relocating my post to the correct section. I am sorry I posted incorrectly. Thanks also for your suggestion to edit the generated password. I hope future versions of 1Password will allow selective special characters.

• @Stu707

No worries. We all do it from time to time. I just posted links to a user for a Mac answer when he asked about iOS. :frown: I am a heavy Mac-centric user. So my brain tends to think about Macs more than anything. It just goes to prove we're all human.

I am glad I could help. Please let us know of you have other questions.

This discussion has been closed.