uninstalling stand alone version 1password 7 and reinstalling

Options
agile_ruby
agile_ruby
Community Member

I lost my master password for my stand alone version of 1Password 7 on my iMac running MacOS Big Sur. I need directions to uninstall and reinstall the stand alone version of 1Password 7. I am also running 1Password Version 4.4 on my iPhone X which I can access my data with face recognition. What steps must I take with my iPhone after deleting and reinstalling 1Password 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uninstalling stand alone version 1password 7 and reinstalling

Comments

• @agile_ruby

The first step would be to get the data on the phone safe. If the phone shuts down or Face ID fails, you could be locked out of your data. Sign up for a 1Password.com membership and move all of your data to the account. This will only be a temporary measure to make sure no data loss occurs. Once you have your data safe, we can talk about the next steps.

• Do not restart your phone or let its battery charge drop too low. That could disable Face ID.

Do you happen to have the previous Master Password recorded within 1Password?

• agile_ruby
    agile_ruby
    Community Member
    Options

All is well, but I lost access from my iPhone. I was able to use my Time Machine backup to reinstall the program from an earlier date.

• @agile_ruby

I am sorry to hear that. However, it's great to hear that you have a backup you can use. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• agile_ruby
    agile_ruby
    Community Member
    Options

I certainly will. thanks for your assistance and concern. 😎

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.