System hanging on 1password after upgrade 6->7

kavx
kavx
Community Member

Recently I upgraded my 1password from version 6 to 7 in order to share an account with a family member. Ever since the upgrade, I have experienced delays of 5--10 seconds whenever opening the Chrome extension, or starting the macOS application, or using the system widget. This delay causes the entire system to freeze while I wait for the app to respond.

This is honestly causing me a great deal of distress and frustration, as it is kicking me out of my concentration whenever I need to access web resources for work.

I see other threads where version 7.7 was expected to resolve these issues, but I see no change in performance.

I am using touch id and have an account which is synchronized with your hosting service.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: SAAS
Referrer: forum-search:slow

Comments

• @kavx

7.7 did not hit the mark for some users. We have made further refinements in our current betas. From reading a lot of users' replies here, they have had a much better experience.

If you would like to try the beta, you can do so by following these instructions. If betas are not your thing, we understand. Hopefully, we can get these improvements into your hands as soon as possible.

You also indicated that you were using 10.15.2. I would recommend updating your OS if possible to take advantage of the many enhancements and security fixes available in macOS. You may have a much better experience having done that.

This discussion has been closed.