How do I load my standalone 1Password 7 onto my second Mac computer, a MacBook Pro?

Options
Hanebuth2
Hanebuth2
Community Member

I have a MacBook Air with standalone 1Password 7 and just purchased a new MacBook Pro. I want my standalone 1Password 7 also on my MacBook Pro. How do I put the standalone 1Password on the Mac Pro?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do i load my standalone 1Password 7 on to a second Mac computer?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Hanebuth2

Congrats on the new MacBook Pro. Did you opt for the M1 version? I've been very impressed with the performance of the M1 chips. As far as 1Password goes, we have a guide which should help with setting up a new device available here:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Hanebuth2
    Hanebuth2
    Community Member
    Options

In my confusion I signed up for a free trial on 1password.com. Now it won't show the sync option. What do I do?

• Hanebuth2
    Hanebuth2
    Community Member
    Options

At this point I just want to cancel my 1p.com trial and go back to my standalone 1p app.

• @Hanebuth2

Enable standalone vaults and enable syncing. To do that, Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and enable the option Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts. Once done, you will see the sync button and can configure your sync.

1Password.com memberships are the best way forward. You might want to look into using the trial and kick the tires, as they say.

This discussion has been closed.