Options
attacoug
attacoug
Community Member

Hello. I wanted to provide some feedback regarding 1Password and Safari. The new pop-up feature is not useful because it covers up what is showing on the screen, and it interferes with password features built into Safari. Personally, I think the small 1Password icon is enough, as it seems intuitive to click it (the icon) to access 1Password. I would just make sure it doesn't overlap the 'key icon' that is used by Safari, as there are times where I store information with Safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @attacoug

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like the Safari inline feature is enabled. You can disable this by unlocking the 1Password app on your Mac, then open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers. Here you can untick the "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" in the Safari section. Let me know if this improves things for you. That said we generally recommend avoiding using two different password managers to store credentials, as that can lead to confusion and conflicts:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

I hope thatI hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.