I want to sync my primary vault to my new M1 MacBook. Here the preferences have no more "sync".

HenningDroege
HenningDroege
Community Member

I want to sync my primary vault to my new M1 MacBook. Here the preferences have no more "sync" button. I prefer iCloud but formerly used dropbox which has now limited devices.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync big sur

Comments

• @HenningDroege

With no sync button shown, that would indicate you are using a 1Password.com membership. Generally, we do not recommend having two sync services running as it can cause confusion about where data is saved. Using both is an advanced setup. Are you looking to use both methods?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

And why do you want a primary vault? You may have special needs, but for most people it would make most sense to move the passwords out of the Primary vault into a vault associated with membership.

• ladiemoondust
    ladiemoondust
    Community Member

So how do you fix it? I only signed up on the computer because it was easier than doing it on my phone. I would to copy my passwords from my phone/keychain into one password. How would I do that?

• @ladiemoondust

If you signed up on the computer, that might lead me to think you now have a 1Password membership. Is that the case? By far, the easiest method would be to use the converter suite from @MrC. If you have a Mac and the passwords are already syncing between devices, it should be really helpful.

If I have missed the mark, please let us know more details about your setup. This is a public forum/community. Make sure to keep private details private. :chuffed:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ladiemoondust

Following the line of reasoning from @ag_tommy ...

Exporting Safari passwords (stored via iCloud Keychain) can be obtained via the Get_Safari12_Passwords script in the converter suite. It will place them in a CSV file on your Desktop, which you then convert to a 1Password 1PIF file to import into 1Password.

Watch a screen video of how the process works here, then head over to the converter suite thread next. I'm here if you need additional guidance.

This discussion has been closed.