Newbie - how to delete account and re-add on Mac?

Options
MarkHickok
MarkHickok
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

I am totally new to 1password. I signed up for free account in late December - but got busy with other things so never signed on or started using it. And never downloaded my emergency kit. I can't recall master password either (I know - i am a total loser here!).... So I deleted my account and got a new one under a different ID. When I try to use 1password on my MAC - it still remembers the old account... I tried to delete 1password and reinstall it but it still remembers that old account...

How can I delete this info and then start over with choosing the NEW account? When I go to the PREFERENCES in 1password the "+" and "-" are grayed out!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC Big Sur
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• @MarkHickok

Nah, no judgements here. Life gets in the way from time to time. We all experience it. We are happy to have you take 1Password for a spin.

Please ensure that you can log in to https://my.1password.com and know your Master Password. Also print out a copy of your Emergency Kit if you have not already done so. When you are ready to proceed, use the instructions below to reset the Mac app and allow it to be setup anew.

1. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

2. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

3. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your membership. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

4. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select 1Password.com option, sign into the account.
  • MarkHickok
    MarkHickok
    Community Member
    Options

Many Thanks @ag_tommy! That worked perfectly!

• @MarkHickok

That's great news. Stop by any time you have questions.

This discussion has been closed.