Updated login on iPad not synced to 1Password Mac

jkwuc89
jkwuc89
Community Member

Yesterday, I updated a login using 1Password 7.7 on my iPad. Very soon after (within seconds), the login was updated on my iPhone. This morning, I checked 1Password running on my Mac and the login still contains the old information.

There are no duplicate logins for this site inside my account.
I am using my 1Password membership to sync things across all of my devices.

A good workaround for this would be to offer a refresh option when things get out of sync.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jkwuc89!

A good workaround for this would be to offer a refresh option when things get out of sync.

The quickest way to force a sync is to lock and unlock the 1Password app. If you do this, does the item appear in 1Password for Mac?

• jkwuc89
    jkwuc89
    Community Member

The updated item did update on its own on my Mac later this morning. I will keep the lock/unlock tip in mind if this happens again. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @jkwuc89! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

@ag_ana, actually I believe the quickest and easiest workaround to force a sync is to switch to viewing different vault(s), then switch back (while 1Password remains unlocked). At least that's what @ag_yaron has been recommending as of late.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@williakz:

I personally use the lock/unlock method because I am used to the keyboard shortcut by now, but both methods are definitely fast :+1: :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

A good practice for keeping 1Password's MP fresh in one's mind (lest we forget). So not a bug really, more like a feature...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not to mention that it works also when you only have one vault :P

This discussion has been closed.