New M1 Macbook Pro and migrating account - tells me my account key is incorrect - but it isn't

thomasjohne
thomasjohne
Community Member

Back in 2016 / 2017 I paid a one time (not subscription) fee for 1Password. Now that I have a new M1 Macbook Pro, I managed to migrate the account over, but signin info and passwords will not auto fill, plus everytime I access my account, 1Password 7 pops up and wants me to pay for a subscription. When I try signing in to add the account, it says my secret key isn't correct ... but it definitely is.

How do I fix this?

1Password Version: Who the fu$k knows
Extension Version: same
OS Version: OS X 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New laptop migrate account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thomasjohne! Welcome to the forum!

When I try signing in to add the account, it says my secret key isn't correct ... but it definitely is.

Are you copying and pasting the Secret Key from your Emergency Kit, or typing it manually?

• thomasjohne
    thomasjohne
    Community Member

I copied and pasted, then reconfirmed it was saved correctly, and then actually scanned the QR code. It's telling me the secret key is incorrect beginning with everything after the A3-

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thomasjohne:

This usually happens when you are trying to use the wrong Sign In Address. Are you using https://my.1password.com to sign in?

This discussion has been closed.