1Password for Mac v 7.7

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password browser extension for Edge not working on Mac.

Comments

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure this is the right discussion but hopefully somebody can help.

My 1Password7 (ver 7.7) not working on my iMac (10.15.7). My license in the menu has disappeared along with any way for me to update the software. In addition, I cannot add any new passwords and/or secure notes in my database. The “+” next the the “search 1Password” is no longer there.

So, I have reinstalled 1Password7 and then the app works fine. But, when I install the safari extension, my license disappears and I cannot use the app properly (no syncing, no open/fill website, etc). I have to download 1Password again from your website and reinstall. I just upgraded to Safari 14.0.2 yesterday. I wonder if this is the issue?? Will there be fix? Thank you

Some other things that are not working once installed again:

• Sync only works if I restart the computer. If I go into 1Password7 preferences clicking sync does not do anything.
    • At this time, I have not reinstalled the safari extension since it breaks 1Password7. However, even when I launch 1Password app and click Open and fill does not work. It does go to Safari but does not open new page. I have to copy the website and manually pay it into Safari.
  • @tennisfan

Can you double-check which version of 1Password you have installed? It sounds as if you have the Mac App Store version installed. That version is not compatible with our licenses, which might explain some of the problems you are seeing. Basically, it's in read-only mode.

Open 1Password, and from the menubar at the top of your screen, select 1Password 7 > about 1Password. The pop up will display the installed version. If it's the Mac App Store version, you would need to switch to the website version.

The 1Password extension is bundled within the 1Password application there is no need to reinstall it within Safari. Open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and enable the 1Password extension.

It also sounds like you may need to restart your Mac. Can you also give that a try?

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded from the 1Password website 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store. I have restarted my computer many times. And when I enable the safari extension, then that is when it becomes read-only. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for the quick response. Hope this gets resolved.

• @tennisfan

I'll admit you have me scratching my head.

Could you to create a diagnostics report for us?

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. tennisfan
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/118094/1password-for-mac-v-7-7#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! So I have reinstalled a few different times (downloaded from the 1Password store) and restarted my computer. I finally was able to get the the Safari extension to work and my License appears, etc. The only thing that does not seem to be working correctly is syncing. I cannot go to the preferences and manually sync. At this time, the only I found I could sync is by restarting my computer and then it syncs. I use Dropbox for syncing. Syncing works fine on my iOS devices.

Any suggestions? Do you still want me to submit a diagnostic report?

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! So I have reinstalled a few different times (downloaded from the 1Password store) and restarted my computer. I finally was able to get the the Safari extension to work and my License appears, etc. The only thing that does not seem to be working correctly is syncing. I cannot go to the preferences and manually sync. At this time, the only I found I could sync is by restarting my computer and then it syncs. I use Dropbox for syncing. Syncing works fine on my iOS devices.

Any suggestions? Do you still want me to submit a diagnostic report?

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

From what I read, it should sync once you lock and unlock the app. This is not the case on my iMac or MacBook Pro. I did run a diagnostic on my iMac and sent it to the email address you mentioned in your response. I am waiting for the BiTBot to respond with the Ticket ID.

• tennisfan
    tennisfan
    Community Member
    Options

It had been a few hours since I emailed the diagnostics file and still have not received the Ticket ID. Some good news. I have been doing a lot of trouble shooting in my own and I have been able to sync on both my iMac and MacBook Pro by going to the gear icon in the 1Password7 extension and "Quit 1Password Completely" and this forces a sync.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tennisfan:

Thank you for the updates! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZEK-62576-346

This discussion has been closed.