After restore, there are items missing. What steps do I follow to recover?

Options
adam667
adam667
Community Member

My computer crashed. Before the crash, I had roughly 1000 passwords in 3 vaults with 1password 7. I've restored from time machine, and now have 1 vault with 850 or so items.

I have two sources of backup: my phone, which still has passwords that are not on the mac, and backup files that I've manually pulled from time machine like

.../Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Backups1Password 2020-12-21 08_42_51 (3 profiles, 1044 items, 3 folders, 11 attachments).1p4_zip

When I attempt to restore from that file (1password, prefs, backup tab, select that backup, click restore, I see a message "1Password will replace your data with the contents of this backup and then lock." What actually happens is that 1password UI quits. (in process table I still have:

/Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Extension Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordNativeMessageHost /Users/adam/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json onepassword4@agilebits.... (avoiding spam)

and

/Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7 -psn_0_176171

What should I do to restore the additional vaults and items?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:Missing items after restore

Comments

• adam667
    adam667
    Community Member
    Options

After a reboot, I see my three vaults, and my main vault has 850 items (vs 856 on the phone) and there are 150 more in trash, so I think a reboot may have cured the issue. Is there an easy way to find the 6 different items between the 2 views?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam667!

I am not aware of a way to compare two vaults with the goal to find differences between them, perhaps your best bet would be to use some sorting options in your item list. Although this might or might not help depending on the reason why the 6 items are missing from one of the vaults (since it sounds like the difference existed even before you restored from backup).

This discussion has been closed.