Password Generator Problem and Suggestion

Options
data_cat
data_cat
Community Member

This happens on both Mac and iOS. I use password generator and it shows the password, but when I go to edit the entry, it has changed the password.

Suggestion: it should be possible to edit the generated password during initial creation. I want to be able to generate a password, modify it slightly, and then save and autofill. Currently, I have to save it, then go back in and edit it, then copy and paste it to the web form manually. This is a particular problem in iOS because some apps don’t let you go back and forth to another app.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@data_cat

We have an issue filed in this regard. I hope we can get this to you sooner rather than later. I don't have an immediate solution for you. :frown:

To make sure we are on the same path, can you check my post over here where another user and I are discussing his problem. Does this sound like the same thing you are experiencing?

Thank you for confirming.

• data_cat
    data_cat
    Community Member
    Options

That’s not the issue I’m having. As I understand it, they’re having problems editing the password after it’s been saved.

The new feature I want is to be able to edit it on the initial creation screen before the item has been saved to my vault.

The big I reported is that I’m having a problem where the password that’s shown at creation is not what shows up once the item is saved. This means that when you create an item and then auto-fill, your new account is created with the wrong password.

• @data_cat

Thank for the clarification.

This discussion has been closed.