Problems with 1P 7

Options
lock
lock
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Hi guys, I'm using 1P since years. I think the iOS app went worse lately (I can't really understand why you like that weird favorites buttons, I want items to open normally) but I've no found a better app so far, so I'm keeping using it.

I've downloaded 1P7 and it did a really bad think: it deleted my 1P6!!

Why??

It's a trial, I want to test it and, if I don't like it, return to my previous version. Why you deleted it without any warning? :(

Also, why Safari extension icon is pink? Pink, really?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@Lock

It sounds like you may have updated 1Password on the Mac to 1Password 7 rather than a separate download.

Apple has decided to color the toolbar icons with your accent color to indicate that that extension has javascript loaded into the page you're looking at. It's part of the design built into Safari 14. Safari is painting the 1Password icon with the accent color you have selected in System Preferences -> General to indicate that the extension has javascript loaded into the page you're looking at.

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_tommy, I've downloaded the stand alone installation from your website (I don't like subscriptions) as a dmg file with a .pkg file inside. After installing it I found the previous version disappeared.

Oh, I ignored the color stuff, thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@lock

Do you see a zip file in the Applications folder? If so, double click to bring 1Password 6 back from being compressed. We do not remove previous version of the app.

If you need another copy of 1Password 6 you can download the latest version from our legacy section.

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've found the .zip, thanks.
    I've unzipped and it started correctly.
    Only problem is I see two 1p mini browsers in the menu bar. If I close one both disappear. Is it possible to only have the 1p6 one?

Thanks.

• @Lock

Yes, locate the one that says "Quit 1Password Completely" That is the one you want to quit as it belongs to 1Password 7. Please let us know if you experience two helpers in the menubar again.

• The 1Password 6 helper will say “Quit 1Password and 1Password mini”
  • lock
    lock
    Community Member
    Options

The only solution I've found, to have only one 1p Mini active was to totally uninstall 1p7. Unfortunately I've lost the option of having Safari extension.

Anyway many thanks for your quick support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lock:

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome! Uninstalling 1Password 7 should not have been necessary if all you wanted was to quit it to have one copy of 1Password mini running, so if you would like to give this another try, please let us know and we will be happy to help :+1:

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thansk Ana.

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.